Before starting, please confirm that you've installed KubeVela Core and VelaUX in the control plane cluster based on Installation
If you want to use KubeVela CLI for application delivery, please check Deliver First Application in the Vela CLI manual.
Welcome to KubeVela! In this section, we show you how to deliver your first app via VelaUX.
Follow these steps:
- Prepare a Docker image. we use crccheck/hello-world for this time. Double-check if you're able to download it properly.
- Create the first
webservicewhich is the common way to deploy stateless service.
- Check out the status of the Application's instance.
You'll get to know:
- Get familiar with core concepts as Application, Environment and Target
- Finished an application delivery by operating VelaUX
Choosing deployment type and Environment
After VelaUX is installed, the first page you enter is for managing the app:
Then click the button of
New Application on the upper-right, type in these things:
- Name and other basic Infos.
- Choose the deployment type. In this case, we use
webserviceto deploy Stateless Application.
- Choose your environment. We select the
DefaultEnvironment based on the
Setting up properties
Next step, we see the page of properties. Configure following:
- Image address
Other properties can be left blank for this case
Executing Workflow to deploy
Development Environment and switch to the dev environment, deploy it. Or click the deploy button on the upper-right. When the workflow is finished, you'll get to see the list of instances lying within.
In the process of deploying, you can click
Check the details to view the status of the application:
If you want to delete the application when it's no longer used, simply:
- Enter the page of environment, click
Recycleto reclaim the resources that this environment used.
- Go back to the list of applications and click the drop-down menu to remove it.
That's it! You succeed at the first application delivery. Congratulation!